Friday, July 01, 2011

I am officially independent aka jobless

Bidding farewell was never a hard thing but working with a company for more than 6 years, it does change the situation a little. (Fortunately no sobbing or hugging)

For that many years being involved in architecting and building IT infrastructure for offshore, local, regional and global, it came to an end yesterday with a great farewell from my boss and the team and today… I am officially jobless independent.

Many have asked me the same question, where you are going or which company are you going to join?  From these questions I believe when one leaves a company, they are expected to have had secure another job to ensure the income is not interrupted but unfortunately this time around I shocked everyone with my answer.

Yup! I have no employment on hand and have no intention to find one, and that sent everyone to a great shock of their life and it seems that it is something completely out of norm, well it just sound like me, completely abnormal LoL.

To satisfy everyone, I seriously have no plan ahead and will take a long break from being employed but hopefully during this period of time, I will be able to find a gold mine but it will be a journey of a thousand miles so I will just start with catching up with my books together with my cigars and a hot glass of “Teh Tarik”



4 comments:

alex yue said...

hello.. Boss Sakakida-San,

Too free? Nvm, I will pick some things for you do soon to kill time.. haha..

Sakakida said...

sound great! waiting for it

Grace Lee said...

Brave move! The max break I took is 4 months :)

Sakakida said...

planning to have 6 months but thinking of fully retirement from the corporate world (hopefully)